Preventative Maintenance Service Agreement
Get a regularly scheduled checkup and tune-up of your HVAC system at the start of winter and prior to the summer season.
Your heating and air conditioning system is a major investment. And the best way to protect that investment is to have regular maintenance that ensures your HVAC equipment is running at peak performance. Central Heating & Air offers a specialized preventive maintenance service agreement for all heating and air conditioning services. These service agreements extend to both residential and commercial properties throughout the Greater Baton Rouge area.
Our maintenance service agreements are designed to provide our customers the essential services and inspections that ensure their equipment continues to perform efficiently, effectively and safely. The ongoing maintenance service agreement will also help reduce the chance of having a major equipment emergency, typically leads to lower energy bills, and even makes it easier & quicker to get service in the case of an emergency. Best of all, there’s no need to you to remember to schedule the maintenance appointments; we’ll arrange service calls for preventive maintenance check ups and make sure your equipment is running properly.
The benefits of having an ongoing maintenance service agreement include:
- Priority Emergency Service: Our customers with maintenance agreements receive top priority status for service calls.
- Extends Life of Equipment: Regular maintenance and inspections helps identify problems early and prevent potential problems with equipment.
- Increases in Efficiency: Cleaning and servicing HVAC equipment will help reduce energy consumption, thus saving money on energy bills.
- Decrease Emergency Repairs: Regular maintenance helps catch problems before they require major repairs.
- Peace of Mind: You’ll rest easy knowing the trained and certified professionals with Central Heating & Air are taking great care with your investment.
We’d be happy to send you a sample maintenance service agreement, as we want you to feel comfortable with all services we offer. If you wish to receive further detailed information about our preventive maintenance contracts please email us, call 225-262-1186, or submit this online form and we’ll happily assist you.
Some of the major services included in Preventative Maintenance Service Agreements are:
- Checking condition of indoor blower section
- Checking all belts and drives and making necessary adjustments
- Checking all motor and fan bearings and lubricating as needed
- Checking amperage of blower motor and condenser motor and making necessary adjustments
- Checking thermostat
- Change thermostat batteries as needed during routine maintenance
- Checking contacts and relays for proper operation (changing at prevailing rate)
- Checking ductwork in mechanical area for any defects
- Checking condition of copper connections for leaks
- Checking and closing humidifier for summer, where applicable
- Checking all equipment electrically and mechanically
- Tightening electrical connections if they appear loose
- Checking and calibrating automatic controls and thermostats
- Checking refrigerant operating pressures, trim charge at prevailing rate
- Checking air-cooled condenser coil (cleaning during Spring start-up if needed)
- Checking, cleaning and flushing condensate drain lines and pans
- Checking condensate pumps and float assemblies
- Cleaning evaporator fan motor
- Cleaning evaporator fan blade/blower wheel
- Checking evaporator coil for dirt or damage (cleaning if necessary at prevailing rate during Spring start-up)
- Checking refrigerant lines for any visual damage
- Making sure there are caps on all service ports and that they are tight
- Checking capacitor for corrosion or leakage (changing at prevailing rate)
- Providing a list of work performed during the preventive maintenance check